The purpose of this course is to help nursing professionals identify burnout and what steps they can take to becoming a more mindful practitioner.
- Discuss the demands placed on nurses today
- Define burnout and its implications
- Discuss the statistics of nurse burnout
- Define mindfulness
- Discuss the momentum and proponents of mindfulness
- Define the mental and physical benefits of becoming a Mindful Nurse
- Discuss how the mindful nurse improves patient outcomes
- What is the role of the nurse leader in identifying the need for mindful practice?
- Discuss some notable barriers to implementing mindfulness in the healthcare setting
- Learn about the benefits to mindfulness training
- Identify and discuss the different mindfulness training techniques
Successful completion of this course will provide the learner with one (1) contact hour.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Virginia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
To receive credit for this course you must pass this test with a score of 80% or higher.
No individual in a position to control content for this activity has any relevant financial relationships to declare.
Contact hours will be provided for the completion of this activity from April 5, 2019 until April 5, 2021.