What is text to 9-1-1? Text to 9-1-1 is a new means of requesting emergency services using SMS text messaging technology. The Fairfax County Department of Public Safety Communications (Fairfax County 9-1-1) began utilizing this technology to receive emergency service requests on September 22, 2015.
How do I text 911 in Virginia?
Text to 911 Instructions
- On your mobile device, enter the numbers “911” in the “To” or “Recipient” field of a new text message. …
- The first text to 911 should be short, include the location of the emergency, and ask for police, fire or ambulance. …
- Press the “Send” button.
Does texting 911 work in my area?
Yes. While all wireless phones have the capability to dial 911 regardless if that phone is active on a network, you can only send a text to 911 if you use a cell phone that has an active texting plan. Your mobile carrier’s regular texting rates will apply.
What is the non emergency number in Virginia?
Reasons to Call the Non-Emergency Number
Call the non-emergency number, 757-441-5610, to report the following: Any crime to a person, not life-threatening. Auto theft not in progress.
How do I file a complaint with the Fairfax County police Department?
What is the best way to file a complaint?
- Use the online complaint form.
- Contact the Internal Affairs Commander via e-mail.
- Call the Internal Affairs Bureau at 703-246-2793.
- Mail or deliver your complaint in person at: …
- Contact the Chief of Police via e-mail.
- Visit any Police District Station and ask to speak to a supervisor.
Can you text 911 in Richmond VA?
If you cannot call 911, you can now send a text message to 911 for emergency assistance in the City of Richmond, City of Colonial Heights, Hanover County, Chesterfield County and Henrico County. It may not be available in all areas of Virginia or the United States.
How do you text 911?
How to send a text to 911
- Open your mobile phone’s text messaging program.
- Enter the numbers 911 in the “To” field.
- Type a message with the location of the emergency (including city) and the nature of the emergency (what is happening and whether you need police, fire or medical aid).
- Press the “Send” button or arrow.
Can 911 track your phone?
If you’re on a cellphone, 911 can probably track you. However, any details you can provide may help with accuracy.
Can I message the police?
You can contact the Police Service by telephone, text phone or in writing.
How do you call 911 without talking?
By tapping a Medical, Fire or Police button during an emergency call, you’ll be able to send important information, like location and type of assistance needed, to a 911 operator without verbally communicating. You’ll also still have the option to speak with an operator if needed.
How do I contact the Norfolk police?
There are a number of ways you can get in touch with Norfolk Constabulary depending on the urgency and type of request.
- 101 when to call. …
- 999 when to call. …
- Compliments and Complaints. …
- Contact your local team. …
- Other contact options. …
- Report It. …
- Live Chat.
What is the non emergency number for Virginia Beach?
Call (757) 385-5000 to contact Virginia Beach Police or a non-emergency matter.
How do you become a police officer in Virginia Beach?
The selection process includes the following components: Written Test *Physical Ability Test *Polygraph Examination *Background Investigation *Oral Interview. Successful candidates must meet the Commonwealth of Virginia’s criteria for the issuance of a handgun permit.
How do I file a police complaint in Virginia?
You can either fill out the online form or download a pdf form to make a complaint, or you may prefer to phone in a complaint to the Chief’s Office at (804) 786-5035. You may also call the Communications Center at (804) 786-2568 and ask for the on-duty supervisor.
How do I report theft in Fairfax County VA?
About Fairfax County Police Department
For non-emergency crime reporting please call 703-691-2131. Visit our website at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police to learn more about us.