Written by: Delyte Nasch, FNP-BC, MSN, M.Ed.
The objective of this course is to assist nurses in understanding racism, as it exists in our country today, how it occurs in the nursing field, how it negatively impacts nurses and patient care, and how to identify and implement effective methods that can be used to decrease racism in nursing, improving nursing performance, satisfaction and patient care.
After taking this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define racism
- Understand racism as it exists in our country today
- Understand Institutional Racism in Nursing
- Identify the negative impact of racism on nurses and patient care
- Identify effective ways to eliminate racism in nursing
- Understand the positive impact elimination of racism can have on nursing and patient outcomes
Course Content - Chapters, Topics & Quizzes:
Successful completion of this course will provide the learner with one (1) contact hour.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Virginia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
To receive credit for this course you must pass this test with a score of 80% or higher.
No individual in a position to control content for this activity has any relevant financial relationships to declare.
Contact hours will be provided for the completion of this activity from December 31, 2018 until December 31, 2020.