Written by: Rachel Nall, RN, BSN, CCRN
This course is designed for nurses who may treat post-cardiac arrest patients in the ICU.
Its purpose is to provide nursing and other healthcare professionals with the skills and knowledge to assess, care for, and intervene on behalf of post-cardiac arrest patients in the ICU.
Upon completion of this Course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the American Heart Association algorithm for post-cardiac arrest care.
- Identify the purpose and goals for targeted temperature management.
- Discuss how to conduct neurologic examinations in post-cardiac arrest patients.
- Describe how ICU nurses can play a role in preventing arrest recurrence.
- Recognize the use of appropriate vasopressors and anti-dysrhythmic agents for post-cardiac arrest patients.
Course Content - Chapters, Topics & Quizzes:
Successful completion of this course will provide the learner with one (1) contact hour. This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Virginia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation To receive credit for this course you must pass this test with a score of 80% or higher. No individual in a position to control content for this activity has any relevant financial relationships to declare. Contact hours will be provided for the completion of this activity from November 3, 2018 until November 3, 2020.