Written by: Jennifer Van Der Horn, MHA, BSN, RN
The purpose of this course is to help nursing professionals identify potential victims of incest.
- Define incest and its prevalence within the United States
- Characteristics of the perpetrator
- Identify physical and psychological signs and symptoms of incest victim
- Define the role of the emergency room nurse in assessing potential victims
- Identify the importance parts of the patient interview
- Identify the initial and long-term effects of incest
- Summarize treatment and reporting options for victims of incest
Course Content - Chapters, Topics & Quizzes:
Successful completion of this course will provide the learner with one (1) contact hour.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Virginia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
To receive credit for this course you must pass this test with a score of 80% or higher.
No individual in a position to control content for this activity has any relevant financial relationships to declare.
Contact hours will be provided for the completion of this activity from January 1, 2019 until January 1, 2021.