Written by: Melanie Malesich, BSN, RN
This course is designed to raise awareness of high risk prenatal morbidity and mortality rates and to promote knowledge of the guidelines for high risk obstetrical care, in an effort to reduce health disparities and improve patient outcomes.
- The learner will display knowledge of prenatal risk factors and their potential effects on both mother and baby
- The learner will identify diagnostic studies that should be completed in relation prenatal risk factors
- The learner will display knowledge of existing health disparities regarding prenatal outcomes
- The learner will outline measurable goals that will improve fetal and maternal outcomes
- The learner will demonstrate patient teaching points that relate to high risk prenatal care
Course Content - Chapters, Topics & Quizzes:
Successful completion of this course will provide the learner with one (1) contact hour.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Virginia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
To receive credit for this course you must pass this test with a score of 80% or higher.
No individual in a position to control content for this activity has any relevant financial relationships to declare.
Contact hours will be provided for the completion of this activity from February 5, 2019 to February 5, 2021.